Guests from foreign countries are very welcome to take part in an FÖJ in Schleswig-Holstein
This program is offered to those who have already finished their mandatory school attendance and who are not yet 26 years old when the voluntary year starts.
It is possible for any interested youth from Germany or any other countries to apply for an FÖJ.
To do the program, it is necessary that you obtain a one-year German visa.
- An advanced knowledge in the German language
- Your application must be in German
- Proven ecological/environmental interest and commitment
- The willingness to get involved in the German culture and integrate yourself in the local community
- The willingness to contribute actively and conscientiously to the activities of the host country
- A written agreement that you will take part in the FÖJ for 1 year
- Working 39 hours per week in one’s project site (Einsatzstelle)
- Participating in at least 25 FÖJ seminar days
- Willingness to represent your country and support further partnership relations also after the voluntary service
You will receive the following Benefits:
- Pocket money, food, and accommodations allowance of about 400 Euro per month. With this money, you have to pay all of your living costs (food, rent, clothes, travelling, telefone, etc.…)
- Full social insurance and health insurance
- 26 days of vacation
- Work clothes and tools (if necessary)
- A 25% discount for a train card: „BahnCard 25“
- Free seminars with fully paid food and accommodation
- The train costs to and from the seminars paid by your project site
- Technical personal guidance and support at your project site
Please notice that foreign participants will not receive any additional benefits. You have to pay for all the costs of your trip to Schleswig-Holstein and back home in addition to the costs for your visa.